Verse of the Day
13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13 ESV
1 Corinthians 16
English Standard Version (ESV)
The Collection for the Saints
16 Now concerning[a] the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. 2 On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come. 3 And when I arrive, I will send those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem. 4 If it seems advisable that I should go also, they will accompany me.
Plans for Travel
5 I will visit you after passing through Macedonia, for I intend to pass through Macedonia, 6 and perhaps I will stay with you or even spend the winter, so that you may help me on my journey, wherever I go. 7 For I do not want to see you now just in passing. I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. 8 But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost, 9 for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.
10 When Timothy comes, see that you put him at ease among you, for he is doing the work of the Lord, as I am. 11 So let no one despise him. Help him on his way in peace, that he may return to me, for I am expecting him with the brothers.
13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done in love.
15 Now I urge you, brothers[c]—you know that the household[d] of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and that they have devoted themselves to the service of the saints— 16 be subject to such as these, and to every fellow worker and laborer. 17 I rejoice at the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus, because they have made up for your absence, 18 for they refreshed my spirit as well as yours. Give recognition to such people.
19 The churches of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Prisca, together with the church in their house, send you hearty greetings in the Lord. 20 All the brothers send you greetings. Greet one another with a holy kiss.
21 I, Paul, write this greeting with my own hand. 22 If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him beaccursed. Our Lord, come![e] 23 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. 24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.
- 1 Corinthians 16:1 The expression Now concerning introduces a reply to a question in the Corinthians’ letter; see 7:1; also verse 12
- 1 Corinthians 16:12 Or God’s will for him
- 1 Corinthians 16:15 Or brothers and sisters; also verse 20
- 1 Corinthians 16:15 Greek house
- 1 Corinthians 16:22 Greek Maranatha (a transliteration of Aramaic)
- 1 Corinthians 1… (almarie0421.wordpress.com)
- Daily Verse: 1 Corinthians 1:23-24 (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Daily Verse: 1 Corinthians 13:7 (faithfulprovisions.com)
- New Creatures in Christ (savedbygraceblogdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Are We the Jews and the Greeks of 1 Corinthians? (shieldofgod.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians Chapter 3 (pastormarty66.wordpress.com)
- Verse of the Day – 1 Corinthians 15:2 (karenrfrazier418.wordpress.com)
- Verse of the Day – 1 Corinthians 1:30 (karenrfrazier418.wordpress.com)
- Random Words (littleguyintheeye.wordpress.com)
- Verse of the Day 3-24-13 1 Corinthians 1 (vidblogdotcom.wordpress.com)