Verse of the Day
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NIV
1 Corinthians 13
New International Version (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- Exerts of Love (apolloslloyd.wordpress.com)
- I Wanna Know What Love Is! (iprodigaldaughter.wordpress.com)
- Help for Marital Problems – Revisit Your Wedding (atlantaangermanagement.wordpress.com)
- Catholics Come Home p2 Faith Alone vs Faith Plus Works – Berean Perspective Podcast (rootedinchrist.org)
- 1 Corinthians 13…Love, The Superior Way (simplyjuliana.com)
- For Christmas Give Love (belovedhopeendures.com)
- The greatest of these is love (joelmlay.com)
- Love Never Fails (kgen2001.wordpress.com)
- (On Making Sure) Love Never Fails: Some Reflections on Feminism, Faith, and Holograms (crunkfeministcollective.com)
- “For now we see through a glass, darkly” – death as a semi-colon; (derekmaul.wordpress.com)